Looking for a hip place to work? Tired of mediocre career development?
We’re an innovative media technology company with a fun bunch of people who are busy disrupting traditional advertising in a multi-billion dollar market. We work with national brands, awesome social media properties, and the hottest games on the web/mobile web.
We’re a tight-knit team of people who work hard, play hard, collaborate and kick ass. We’re looking for amazing, energetic, and intellectually curious people who love media in all forms, gaming, blogging, and everything else the internet has to offer. Our pad is nestled downtown, deep in the heart of Austin.
Here’s why you’ll love us:
- We’re changing up our industry. Come invent the future of media.
- We work with top brands to drive video to gaming, music, and social media sites across the internet.
- We make decisions based on data.
- We’re smart people who know how to ship product.
- We’re nimble. Your work will make a huge difference here.
- We’ve turned startups into big winners before. We’re about to do it again. We could use top talent like you.
Current Openings You Should Apply For Right Now
Volume11 Media is looking for a talented and experienced Director of Ad Sales in New York. Our advertising sales team is looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial Director to brand Volume11 throughout the Eastern territories as the most comprehensive social video ad platform, build trusted partnerships, and drive revenue growth through the sales of innovative web and mobile video advertising solutions. The east coast sales rep will report to the VP, Sales based in San Francisco. In this exciting role you will have ownership and responsibility for client and agency relationships throughout the east coast territory. You will be responsible for identifying potential clients, securing meetings, presenting Volume11 capabilities, and proposing and closing business.
- Build and maintain trusted partnerships with brands and agencies
- Execute and deliver high-quality responses to RFPs
- Meet or exceed sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of digital sales experience. Experience selling video and mobile a plus.
- Existing relationships with advertisers, agencies, and media buyers throughout the North East
- Excellent sales, communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of success negotiating, closing, and exceeding revenue goals
- Strong references from both previous employers and clients
- Knowledge of the video landscape and excitement around becoming a part of it
- Comfort working in a fast paced, rapidly changing, start-up environment
You will create visually-stunning, scalable, database-backed web applications focusing on video delivery, analytics, and reporting. Our products are both client-facing and user-facing. Your work will include scoping new features, implementing those features, testing, and deploying in production environments. You will work with a small team of deisgners, product managers, and developers to build out these new features and maintain existing code. You will be expected to understand the tradeoffs between quick & dirty and more elegant solutions and know when each is appropriate. You will work with an extremely competent, passionate, and highly skilled team of technology gurus.
Why We’ll Love You
- Strong knowledge of MySQL or comparable database and how to scale it (we use MySQL and some noSQL)
- Experience with Memcache or related caching tools
- A strong understanding of *nix OS (we use CentOS)
- Experience with git or a comparable version control system (we use git)
- A passion for good code, but also a strong understanding of when quick and dirty is necessary (we both have core products and develop related custom one-offs for clients)
- Experience deploying and maintaining web apps
- Strong fundamentals in computer science including data structures and algorithms
Think you have what it takes?
Click here to send us a message. Please include your resume and a short blurb about yourself.